The Future Flint contest gives you a chance to improve your community. Submit a video from your phone, digital camera or a camcorder and let your voice heard! Tell Flint leaders what changes need to be made to make your neighborhood safe and inviting.
Winning videos will be shown to community leaders and displayed here on the MI-YVPC website.
- Participants must be 12-18 years of age and live in Flint, MI.
- Participants may work individually or in teams of up to 4 people.
- Videos will be at least 15 seconds and no more than 1 minute in length.
- Videos should include original material and focus on the contest theme.
- Videos cannot include nudity, profanity, weapons, drug use, or offensive material.
- Each winner will receive a $25 gift card, up to $100 per team.
How to Enter:
- Download the entry form and parental consent form.
- We will schedule launch events at various Flint youth groups. Participants may also enter individually.
- Each individual under 18 must have a signed parental consent. The consent form may be turned in at the launch event or mailed to: Michigan Youth Violence Prevention Center, 400 N. Saginaw Street, Suite 201, Flint, MI 48502.
- Entrants will post their videos on their YouTube pages. Videos can be shared to other social network sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) but will only be judged by the number of views on YouTube.
- All videos should tag the MI-YVPC:
Facebook: type @Michigan Youth Violence Prevention Center in your post.
YouTube: tag Future Flint.
Twitter: Tweet your video and tag us @MichiganYVPC
All videos must be posted between April 7th and April 11th. Voting will close on April 30th. Winners will be announced before May 31st.
Category 1 “Fan Favorite”: The two videos with the most YouTube views will win prizes.
Category 2 “Judges Choice”: Videos will be judged by members of the MI-YVPC Steering Committee. Judges will rate videos based on: creativity, originality, effectiveness of the message, and the impact of the video. There will be two “Judges Choice” winners.
Download: Entry and Consent Form (pdf)